PehchaanSeptember 15, 2023 2023-09-29 11:02
Home > Pehchaan
The National Academy of Media and Events (NAME) in Kolkata offer courses in event management and Communication with the purpose to produce fully trained professionals for the booming Event Industry. During the course itself, our students work on various events with event companies to get hands on training and by the end of their course they curate their own event, which they execute start to end under the guidance of the Academy mentors and industry faculties. Their ability to design and implement such projects forms the basis of assessing their skills in the field level. This year, our students have designed a unique social project called ‘Pehchaan – A journey to discover talents unknown’.
“Pehchaan- A journey to discover talents unknown” is a Grassroot talent hunt, that aims is to find talented kids from the lesser privileged section of our city and showcase the best among them through a stage event. The main objective of developing this project is to discover such hidden & unknown talents & help them shine through our platform after training them through alliances formed with experts.
Germination of the idea:
Metaphorically speaking, NAME stands for recognition, an identity, and a Pehchaan. This idea came from the name itself. We believe that talent exists in every strata of the society. But, those from the lesser privileged backgrounds do not have adequate resources and platforms to represent themselves, and thus their talents are lost with time. With this initiative, our Students want to use their event management skills for the betterment of the society. They wish to create a stage for the lesser known, the lesser privileged kids that can help in giving the unknown talents recognition and motivation.
Categories & Eligibility
Categories for participation are:
- Singing & Music – Final Candidates would be trained by the experts and they will get to deliver a final solo/group Performance.
- Dancing & Gymnastics – Candidates would be trained by the experts and deliver a final solo and group stage dance Performance.
- Acting & Drama – Final candidates would be trained by a theatre group and they will put up a play as their final performance.
- Art and Craft – A final selection of the paintings/ sketches and craft items would be exhibited on the main event.
- Mimicry & Comedy – Selected Candidates will be a part of Drama in the Finale.
- Specially Challenged – Two Performances in the main day Event by the specially Challenged Participants.
Each category has two Age Groups.
Group A: Age 8-15 years Group B: Age 14-21years
- Small Schools
- Locality Clubs
- Public Welfare Clubs
- Slum Areas
- Auditions 1st Round: It will be held at different locations in 3 zones, viz. a viz. Esplanade, Howrah and Tollygunge.
- Auditions 2nd Round: The participants selected from the 1st round of auditions will be given a time period of 4 days (3rdJuly to 6thJuly) and their skills will be brushed up by the different trainers and experts allotted to them. Post that the 2nd and final round of audition will be held at a centralized location and will be evaluated by a panel of judges to select the final participants for the Grand Finale.
- Press Conference: (Optional along with Walkathon): The second season of Pehchaan will be announced in the presence of all the prestigious media on 7th July at National Academy of Media and Events on 2PM
- Pehchaan Walkathon: A rally with 150-200 participants of Pehchaan will be organized to create a buzz about the event.
- Grand Finale: Once the final participants are shortlisted, they are to be groomed and trained by different experts and trainers for 1 month (9thJuly to 8thAugust)and will be made ready to perform on stage.